Cabrillo 7-A-Side Adult & Youth
Spring Soccer Leagues
Rules and Policies
Use of Synthetic Turf Field Policy
Player and Team Rules
Mandatory shin gards - No shin gards, no game, no exceptions!
No slide tackling.
Dangerous play will not be allowed.
Proper, safe soccer shoes.
Teams must wear appropriate soccer uniforms.
No vulgar or abusive language, no mocking.
Minimum of 5 players required to start and end the game.
No transfer from one team to the other allowed.
Players can play only in one division.
Players can be added and released once league has started.
Players are responsible for cleaning up any trash from their team.
Only coaches and players are allowed on the sidelines.
Coaches and players must leave the sidelines right after the game to allow the next team to prepare for their game.
Teams will be on the same sidelines.
- Each team will have 6 players and one goalkeeper on the field.
- All games are 50 minutes, two 25-minute halves with a 5 minute half time in between.
- Games start promptly according to league schedule.
- Running time will be kept by the referee.
- Regular size goals will be used .
- Unlimited substitutions on the fly are allowed.
- No offsides.
- No slide tackling.
- When a goalkeeper throws the ball, it must bounce before half-field. If it does not, a free kick will be awarded to the opposing team from the half way line.
- Goalkeepers cannot drop kick the ball over the midfield.
- Goalkeepers may dribble the ball anywhere they want on the field.
- Goalkeepers must play the ball with their feet when the ball is passed back by his/her defenders.
- Goalkeeper needs to have a different color jersey.
- No throw-ins. A ball that goes out of bounds will be played in by an indirect kick from the touchline at the point where the ball went out.
- Goal kicks are indirect, no goal allowed if the ball is kicked directly in on a kick-in and no player touches it.
- Goal kicks can be taken from any spot on the side or front of the goal within 5 yards of distance.
- Corner kicks are direct and taken from the side the ball went out.
- Kick-off will be done from mark at the center of the field to start games and after each goal scored.
- On kick-off ball must move forward one full circumference of the ball. This applies for all the indirect free kicks as well.
- On kick-off opponent must be 10 yards away from the ball.
- Direct or indirect free kicks can be assigned.
- Players must be 10 yards away from the ball on free kicks.
- Penalty kicks will awarded against a team that commits a foul inside the penalty area.
- Penalty kicks will be kicked from the 12 yards spot and all the players must stay outside the penalty box at the moment of the kick.
- Yellow cards and red cards will be given when necessary.
- When a player gets a direct red card, he must leave the field and he cannot be replaced by one of his teamates.
- When a player gets a direct red card he will be suspended for the next 2 consecutive games.
- When a player gets two yellow cards during the same game, he will be suspended for the successive game only.
- If a player gets 2 red cards during the same season, he will not be able to participate in the league anymore for that season.
- Games will be played rain or shine.
- Teams in the open divisions are awarded 3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie and 0 points for a loss.
- Tie breakers between two teams at the end of league play will be decided as follows: 1) Head to head competition 2) Goal differential 3) Most goals scored 4) Coin toss
- If a team forfeits a game, the opposing team will be awarded a 3-0 win.
- Standings will not be kept for the youth divisions, men's over 30 division and coed over 30 division.
- Manager/coach needs to bring the registration roster form to each game for check-in.
- Players need to bring a foto ID (Driver licence, student I.D etc...) for check-in.
- Check-in will be done 10 minutes before game time with field marshall.