The Cabrillo College Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization (Federal Tax ID: 94-6121953). The foundation is further classified as a public charity as described in sections 509(a)(1) and 170(b)(1)(A)(vi) of the Internal Revenue Code (see attached).
The Cabrillo College Foundation is governed by a Board of Directors that includes the Executive Director. The Board sets policies related to spending, investment, management, governance and professional standards, and it oversees internal and independent audits.
The governance practices of the foundation are described in a set of documents—including bylaws, committee charters and a code of ethics—adopted by the Board of Directors.
The foundation and the activities of its Directors and staff members are governed by the following documents:
Governing and Legal Documents (pdfs)
- Articles of Incorporation Describes the purposes for which the foundation was organized.
- Bylaws Includes rules governing the foundation's operations relating to the Board of Directors, board committees, officers and related matters.
- IRS Tax Exemption Document
- Auxiliary Organization Regulations
- IRS Form 990
Board of Director's Agendas (pdf)
Details the purpose, organization and roles and responsibilities for each board committee:
- Audit Committee
- Cabrillo Advancement Program (CAP)
- Finance and Investment Committee
- Nominating Committee
- President’s Circle
- Scholarships Committee
- Women’s Educational Success
- Campaign Reporting Standards (CASE)
- Statement of Investment Policy
- Gift Acceptance Policy
- Real Property Gift Acceptance Policy and Procedure
- Fund Development Policy
- Policy on Political Activities
- Cabrillo College Foundation Employee Handbook
- Whistle Blower Policy
- How to Fundraise for Cabrillo College (Approval for Fundraising Form)
- Gift in Kind Form