Skip to Site Navigation | Skip to Local Navigation | Skip to Content
woman man veteran

VIC Services & Programs

VIC Services:

Academic Counseling

Shawn Ogimachi, Veterans Counselor
Appointments: Call (831) 479-6274
VIC Hours: Tuesday and Wednesday 8am-1pm

GI Benefits & Priority Registration

Patricia Reyes, Cabrillo College Veterans Certifying Official
Phone: (831) 477-5697
VIC Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 1pm-5pm

Personal Counseling

Marianne Gardner, Student Health Services
Phone: (831) 479-6435
VIC Hours: Monday 11am-12pm

Accessibility Support Center (ASC)

We are available to help make appointments with ASC. The ASC offers support in a variety of support services for students with disabilities such as Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.


We assist in arranging free tutoring for other subjects as well as offer drop-in math tutoring.

Information on Community Resources

Dean Kaufman & Travis Deyoung, Veterans Advocate
Phone: (831) 420-7348
VIC Hours: Monday 1pm-3pm

Student Employment

Desha Staley-Raatior, Student Employment Coordinator
Phone: (831) 479-6540
VIC Hours: Wednesday 2pm-3pm

Financial Aid

Sonia Marquez, Financial Aid Advisor
Phone: (831) 479-6557
VIC Hours: Tuesday 1pm-2pm

VIC Programs:

Child Care Voucher

Veterans can apply to receive a $400 childcare voucher each month. In order to be eligible, you must sign up for free tutoring at the HUB and be enrolled in 9 units or more.

To apply, you must complete the “Cabrillo Childcare Voucher Request Form” and submit it to the Veteran Coordinator along with a copy of your DD-214 form. To receive the childcare voucher veteran students must submit proof of payment such as a receipt or invoice on a monthly basis.

Student Success Scholarship

Veteran students can apply for student success scholarhip. A total of three (3) scholarhips will be give for 500 dollars each academic year.

Speak to the Veterans Coordinator to apply.

Veteran’s Book Voucher

Do you need help purchasing a textbook? Speak to the Veterans Coordinator about applying for a book voucher to purchase your book.


  • Have your DD-214 form on file at the VIC

  • Have applied or looked into the other book programs available (See Textbook Support Page) [PDF link; see “Textbook Support Doc in Google Drive)

VIC Student Assistant Positions

The VIC is always looking for veteran students who would like to work at the VIC. There are 3 ways you can get involved:

  1. Talk to Patricia Reyes [link to Staff page], certifying official to apply for one of the three work study positions.
  2. If you are granted Federal Work-Study, you can apply for a Federal Work-Study position within the VIC. Find more information here.
  3. Through the Cooperative Work Experience Education (CWEE) program you earn college credit for the work you do at the VIC. Find more information here.

Veteran’s Club

As a veteran, you have the opportunity to get involved with the Veterans Club. This club assisted in founding the VIC and continues to advocate and spread awareness on veteran-related topics. The club hosts events, offers networking opportunities, and provides valuable leadership skills training. If you are interested in getting involved, please be sure to talk to the VIC Staff.
    Was this page helpful?    
Ask Cabrillo WebAdvisor Cabrillo Library Cabrillo Bookstore  Canvas icon  Facebook Icon Twitter Icon YouTube

© 2013 Cabrillo Community College District

Campus Safety | Accessibility

Main Campus, 6500 Soquel Drive Aptos CA 95003, 831.479.6100