Skip to Site Navigation | Skip to Local Navigation | Skip to Content
Fall Courses Update

Fall Semester delay due to fires — starts August 31. Learn More Register Now

Fire Safety/Evacuation Center

Wildfire resources for impacted students, employees, and County residents. Learn More


Resources for students and information about our response. Learn More

Contact Information

Location 6500 Soquel Dr, Aptos
Building 100, Office 103C
Phone 831.477.3381



Learn about California Laws that allow undocumented students to pursue a higher education.

1AB 540 - Resident Fees

AB 540 allows qualified undocumented students to pay resident fees at California colleges.

To apply for AB540, Cabrillo Students must apply through Webadvisor. You can find the AB540 application under eforms. Go to "Forms", then select "AR-California Nonresident Tuition Exemption". To log on to your Webadvisor, you can click here.


  • Students must attend a California high school at least three years and graduate.

  • Students must sign an affidavit stating their California residency.

  • All information must be handled in a confidential manner.

AB 2000 - Expansion to AB 540

AB 2000 clarifies that a student who secures three years of high school credit or has a total of three or more years of attendance in a California elementary school, middle school, or high school, or a combination of those schools, is eligible for AB 540 and thus is allowed to pay in-state tuition at California community colleges and universities and is eligible for benefits under the California DREAM Act.

AB 130 - Scholarships

AB 130 allows eligible AB 540 students to apply for and receive non-state funded scholarships at a public California college and university.

AB 131 - State/Institutional Aid

AB 131 allows eligible AB 540 students to apply for and receive financial aid that is partially derived from state funds at California public colleges and universities beginning in the spring 2013 semester.

SB 1210 - DREAM Loans

SB 1210, signed on Sept. 28, 2014, establishes the DREAM Loan Program, which allows eligible undocumented students attending a University of California or any California State University to receive an educational loan of up to $4,000 per semester and not more than an aggregate of $20,000 from any one participating institution.

SB 1159 - Professional licenses

SB 1159 removes barriers for undocumented young people as they seek career and professional licenses.  SB 1159 allows an applicant to provide, and a licensing board to accept, an individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) in lieu of a social security number in the application for a professional license; it ensures that otherwise eligible individuals are not denied a professional license based solely on their immigration status.

AB 2160 - GPA Submission

AB 2160 removes a barrier to state financial aid and significantly improves access to higher education for all students in California. Specifically, the bill requires all public high schools to electronically submit the grade point averages for 12th graders to the California Student Aid Commission for the purposes of the Cal Grant application, except for students who have opted out, as specified.

AB 60 - Driver's License

AB 60 requires the California Department of Motor Vehicles to issue an original driver license to an applicant who is unable to submit satisfactory proof of legal presence in the United States. Driver license applicants under AB 60 must meet all other qualifications for licenses and must provide satisfactory proof of identity and California residency.


    Was this page helpful?   

© 2019 Cabrillo Community College District

Campus Safety | Accessibility | Title IX

Aptos Campus, 6500 Soquel Drive Aptos CA 95003, 831.479.6100