Skip to Site Navigation | Skip to Local Navigation | Skip to Content
Cabrillo College - Home

COVID-19 Update

Shelter In Place Order: Classes & Services Online

students on campuscabrillo campus

Frequently Asked Questions

Click images and links below
for downloadable PDFs
of our catalogs


Summer Youth Program
2020 Catalog PDF


online course catalog

Online Courses Catalog PDF


Look for these icons on our website to help you find
NEW classes,
and classes with our
"Bring A Friend" discount!


Bring a Friend!



Click HERE to register now

Click the categories below for quick answers


In order to adhere to Santa Cruz County’s ‘Shelter in Place’ order effective 12:01 a.m. Tuesday, March 17, and to guarantee the safety and protection of our students and staff amidst the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Cabrillo’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC) Team announced that effective March 16, 2020, at 8PM, all Cabrillo College students, faculty, staff and administrators should ‘Shelter in Place’ at home until 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, April 7, 2020 or until further notice. This order aligns with public orders being issued by Bay Area and Santa Cruz County government leaders and a shelter in place order just announced by the Santa Cruz County Board of Supervisors.  The order also aligns with statewide actions taken by Governor Newsom to mitigate against the spread of COVID-19. 

Cabrillo Extension staff will be working remotely during this time, and will do our best to remain available to instructors, students, and the community. We will continue to provide updates and relevant information as we receive it. 

Additionally, in the interest of the health and safety of our students and community, Cabrillo Extension will offer a full refund to students who wish to cancel registrations in any of our classes as a result of the Coronavirus outbreak. 

Is my class cancelled?

As a result of the campus being closed, Extension will not be able to offer face-to-face classes until June 1, 2020, or a later date to be determined. However, many classes will be adapted to live instruction in a virtual classroom environment.Currently registered students will be notified via email with information about how their class will be impacted, and what options will be available.

How will I be notified if my class is cancelled?

Please watch your email for updates. We will keep currently registered students informed via email about any changes to their classes.

I am sick, or I don't feel comfortable attending my class. Can I get a refund?

In light of the situation, Cabrillo Extension will temporarily waive service fees, and will suspend our standard refund policy for cancellations that are related to the Coronavirus outbreak. If you have concern about attending a class you have registered for, please call or email us and let us know that you would like to cancel your registration. Please be sure to include your full name, and the name and date of the class in your email.


About Cabrillo Extension

What is Cabrillo Extension?

Cabrillo Extension provides the community with open enrollment classes and workshops for personal and professional growth and enjoyment, contract education for businesses and professionals, international student program as well as facilities rentals for off campus users.

Where are you located?

The Extension Office is located on the Cabrillo College Aptos Campus at 6500 Soquel Ave, Aptos, CA 95003. Our offices are behind the Sesnon house in room 2100A. To view an interactive campus map CLICK HERE. (HINT: Includes room #s when you click on the building!)

Are Extension classes for credit /transferable?

No. All the Cabrillo Extension Classes are not for credit and non-transferable.

Do I need to be a Cabrillo Student to take an Extension class?

No. Extension classes are open to adults 18 and up, unless specifically noted in the class description (e.g. Youth Programs).

Can I get any evidence of completion for a class?

Some classes or series offer a certificate of completion.

What is Early Bird? How can I get it?

All classes have regular fees listed. Some have “Early Bird” discounts. In order to get the Early Bird Discount you must register prior to the Early Bird deadline. Discounts do not apply to all classes, and only one discount may be applied per registration.

Do you offer scholarships?

A limited number of scholarships are available for our Summer Youth Programs. Scholarships are offered via reduced registration fees. Click HERE for more information.

Can I make a donation to the Youth Scholarships?

Yes! With your generous support, we can offer scholarships to students who would not otherwise be able to participate in our innovative programs. CLICK HERE to make your donation and note that you would like to support Cabrillo Extension Youth Scholarships. Thank you!

I am interested in being an instructor. How do I apply?

If you are interested in becoming an Extension instructor, please complete the Instructor Application and Course Proposal form, found HERE. More information about proposal deadlines and the types of workshops we offer can be found on our Instructor Opportunities page.

Student Profile

Why do I need to create a profile?

In order to register for a Cabrillo Extension class you must create a profile. Profiles are important because we need a record of who is on campus for liability and safety purposes.

How do I make a student profile?

Go to the Cabrillo Extension registration website HERE and select “Create a New Profile.” Then enter in your information and select “Submit.” Remember that if you are enrolling your child in a class, you must create a Household profile. Note: If you are enrolling your child in a class see How can I make a household profile?

How do I update/edit my profile?

You may edit or update your student profile at any time. After signing in, access the link entitled “My Profile” to change any of the information. Click “Edit” at the bottom of the page. You may then edit any of your profile fields. When you are finished with your edits, scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Submit.”

What can I do with my student account?

With your student account you can:

  • Register for classes

  • Edit your profile information

  • Check your current registrations

  • Access your transcripts

  • Check your transactions

  • Check your waiting list

How do I change my password?

On the registration sign in page HERE, select “Forgot password” which will then prompt you to enter your user-name and email.

I forgot my user-name. How do I find it?

Please contact the Extension Office at (831) 479-6331 during our regular business hours, Monday–Friday, 9am to 5pm.

What is a household profile? Can I make a profile for my child?

A household profile is a profile that allows multiple students to have one account. Parents who wish to register their children must create a household profile under their name and then later add their child.

How can I make a household profile?

Go to the Cabrillo Extension registration website HERE and select “Create a New Profile”. You will then have the option to create a household profile or learner profile, make sure you select “Create a Household Profile.” Enter your information and submit (Do not enter your child’s information yet). Once you have created your profile, on the far left of the page towards the bottom there is a link to “Household Profile”. You will then have the option to add a member. Select “Add a Youth Member,” enter your child’s information and then select “Submit.” (See How do I Register My Child).

How do I change my student profile to a household profile?

In order to change a single student profile to a household, you need to contact the Extension Office
at (831) 479-6331.

How do I add members to my household profile?

Once you have created your profile, you will then have the option to add a member. Under the ‘menu’ tab select “Household Profile” and then select “Add a Youth Member,” or “Add an Adult member.” Then enter their information and select “Submit.” See How can I make a household profile for more information.


I am an adult, and I want to register myself - how do I register?

It's as easy as 1, 2, 3.

  1. Create a Profile: In order to register you must first create a student profile HERE. (See How to Make a Student Profile, above).
  2. Select your class: Once you have created a profile, search for the class you wish to register for and click “Add to Cart.”
  3. Pay online: Once the item is added to your cart you can “View Your Cart.” In your cart page you will have the option to “Check out.” You will then enter your payment information and submit.

How do I register myself, and another adult (like a friend or spouse) for the same class?

To register yourself and another individual(s) in a class there are two options available.

  • You must first create a household profile (See: How can I make a household profile?) and (How to add a member to your Household Profile) Search for the desired class and add it to your cart, a pop up window will ask you which of your household members you would like to register and you may select them at this time.

I am a parent or legal gurdian and I want to register a child for a Cabrillo Youth Program summer camp - how do I do that?

Please see our Youth Program Questions section by clicking HERE

Can I use my Webadvisor credentials to register for Extension classes?

No. The Cabrillo College Extension uses a different registration system. Therefore, if you would like to take an Extension class, you will need to create a profile in our system and use your profile information (User-name and Password) for your registrations. CLICK HERE to create your student profile.

Why do we have a materials fee for some classes?

Certain classes have specific materials provided by the instructor or the Extension Office.

How can I audit a class?

Not all classes are eligible for auditing. A list of classes that are eligible to audit is maintained by the Office of Instruction. Please check their web page Office of Instruction for a link to that list. For information about deadlines and fees please contact the Extension office at (831) 479-6331 or

Payment and Discounts

Am I able to reserve a spot for a class?

The only way to guarantee your place in a class is by going through the entire registration process which will only be finalized once the payment is processed.

Can I make partial payments?

Full payment for each class must be made in order to finalize registration and secure a spot in the class.

I don’t see my early bird discount being applied?

In order to see any discount you must view your cart first. When you select check out the discount should appear. If it does not please contact the Extension office.

All classes have regular fees listed. Some have “Early Bird” discounts. Discounts do not apply to all classes, and only one discount may be applied per registration. Registrations that are mailed in must include the appropriate fee, and any materials fees. Late registrants may find a class full, and delayed registration may result in a cancelled class. If you have questions, please call us and we’d be happy to help!

Refunds, Credits, Cancellations and Transfers

What is your refund/cancellation policy?

Refund policies differ depending on the program.

Click HERE for refund policy for the Motorcycle Safety Training Program.

Click HERE for the refund, cancelation, and transfer policies for Summer Youth Program.

Refunds for adult students registered in workshops or classes: Refunds can be given if a student cancels their registration at least five business days prior to the class start date. There is a 10% service fee charged upon cancellation. We cannot accept requests for refunds, regardless of the reason, if they are received fewer than five (5) business days prior to the class start date.


I am an adult, and I can’t make my class. How do I cancel?

Contact the Extension office at (831) 479-6331. You may transfer to another class, receive a credit, or receive a refund, depending on the circumstances. Our refund policy is stated below.


What happens if my class is canceled by Extension?

If a class is canceled by Extension, the student’s account will be automatically credited in the original amount of the class fee two business days after the class cancellation, unless a student requests a refund or transfer. If Extension cancels a class, you will be issued a credit for the full amount you paid. If you request to receive a refund we will issue that refund using the original method of payment. Cash and check payments are refunded via check refunds.


I can’t make my class and it’s too late for a refund. Can I get a credit? What do I do?

If you are not able to attend a class and it is too late to get a refund you may be able to send a friend in your place, or have a credit applied to your account. Contact the Extension office for more information about whether this may be possible (831) 479-6331.


Can I be transferred to another class?

That depends on the class. Generally, if the class fee for both the class you want to transfer out of and the one you wish to transfer into, then yes, you may transfer. Some restrictions apply to certain classes, such as youth programs, motorcycle, and other classes that have required prerequisites. Please contact the office for additional information at (831) 479-6331.


Can I get a credit applied to my Extension account for the fee I paid?

Yes! Credits are issued for a variety of reasons, but the most common is a canceled class. When a class is canceled Extension will automatically credit the student’s account in the original amount of the class fee two business days after the class cancellation, unless a students requests a refund or transfer. If an Extension class is canceled you will be issued a credit for the full amount you paid. If you need to cancel a class, and it is within the refund policy (see above), we will issue a credit for the class minus the 10% service fee.


How do I use a credit on my account?

Credits are applied automatically at checkout. Once you have added a class to your cart your credit will be automatically applied at check out.


Can I see the amount of my credit?

Yes! You can see the total amount of credit you have on your account by viewing your Transaction History which is under the ‘Menu’ bar on your student profile.

Classes with Wait Lists

Can I register for a class that is full?

No. If the class is full, you will be offered to be placed on the waiting list. However, a spot on the waiting list does not guarantee that you will have a place in the class.

How does the wait list work?

The wait list does not guarantee a place in the class. When you add your name to the waiting list you guarantee that, in case someone cancels his or her registration, you will be notified. All students on the wait list will be notified at the same time via email. The registration, either online or over the phone, will happen on a “first come, first served” basis.

Company Accounts/Payments

What is a company account?

Creating a company account allows you to manage registrations for the group of employees in your company that will be attending Extension classes. With a company account you can:

  • Check registrations
  • Check pending requests
  • Accept or Deny the students' requests to take a class
  • Register students
  • Check the Company Balance
  • Be invoiced for the classes your employees take.

How do I create a company account?

The company account must be created by a Cabrillo Extension Staff member. If you are interested in creating a company account with us, submit a request for a company account HERE.

Can my employer pay for my attendance in a class (or classes)?

Yes. If your employer would like to be responsible for the payment of the classes you will attend, please contact our office at (831) 479-6331 so that your company can set up an account with us. If your company already has an account with Extension, select the class you wish to register for and then select “3rd party payment” at checkout and choose your company.

How do I create my profile, then associate my profile with my company, then request that my company pay for classes?

  • Create a New Student Profile: Cabrillo Extension Log-in Page
  • On step 3 of creating your profile, associate yourself with your company from the pull-down menu. (We create company accounts at the request of the company).
  • Find the class(es) you wish to register for and click "Add to Cart"
  • Once your class(es) are in the cart, click the checkout button, click "Agree to the Refund Policy", scroll to the bottom and next to the checkout button click the green button "Request Company to Pay for Class"
  • Once you do that, a request will automatically be emailed to the contact person we have for your Company Account. At that point the contact person will either approve or deny your request.
  • If the contact person approves your request, your registration is complete, and you will receive an email confirming you have been registered in the class!

Please note that companies are invoiced as soon as registration requests are approved.

Motorcycle Safety Training

What is your Motorcycle Safety class? How does it work?

The California law requires that motorcycle and moped drivers under age 21 complete an approved safety training program before being issued a DMV permit. This course fulfills the DMV requirement for under 21 riders. Riders over 21 also benefit, since successful completion of the course may waive the Riding Skills Test at the California DMV and insurance discounts may be available. For more information CLICK HERE.

I don’t see my ‘under 21’ discount being applied?

In order to see any discount you must view your cart first. When you select check out, the discount should appear. If it does not please contact the Extension office.

How long does it take to receive the Certificate after the course?

Please allow approximately 14 business days after the last day of class. If your certificate does not arrive in that period of time please contact the Extension office at (831) 479-6331 or via email at

Why can’t I register for the Motorcycle Safety class?

This is most likely because the class you are trying to register for is full. Try selecting a class offered at a later date that still has available space. Other classes may be listed for planning purposes, but unavailable for registration if the current date is more than 90 days before the class start date, per DMV regulations.

What do I need to bring to class?

Materials needed for the class can be found HERE.

Do I need to bring my own motorcycle and helmet? Can I?

No. Motorcycles and helmets are provided by the class. Follow THIS LINK to a list of the gear you must bring to class. You may bring your own helmet as long as it is DOT approved.

Locations and Parking

Do I have to pay for parking?

Yes. Parking Day Passes are available from kiosks in parking lots. Please make sure to park in a parking lot that is not exclusively for Cabrillo College staff members. Click HERE for more information about college parking policies and fees.

How do I find the room for my class?

Directions to your class location will be sent in your confirmation email, as well as in the reminder sent about three days prior to your class start date. If you are not familiar with the Cabrillo College campus, please see our Interactive Google Map so you can easily locate the building and room where your class will be held. (Tip: Click on the buildings to see its classrooms by number!).

My class doesn’t meet in a room, how will I know where to go? Do I need to bring any materials?

Some instructors publish a class letter to inform students about location, materials or other important information. These letters can be found on the Cabrillo Extension website in “Class Resources” HERE. Scroll down to select the class you are registered for.



How do I register my child?

First, make a household profile:
Go to the Cabrillo Extension registration website HERE and select “Create a New Profile”. You will then have the option to create a household profile or learner profile, make sure you select “Create a Household Profile.” Enter your information and submit (Do not enter your child’s information yet). Once you have created your profile, on the far left of the page towards the bottom there is a link to “Household Profile”. You will then have the option to add a member. Select “Add a Youth Member,” enter your child’s information and then select “Submit.”

If I already have a "learner" profile, can I change it to a household profile?

In order to change a single student profile to a household, you need to contact the Extension Office. Give us a call at (831) 479-6331, and we'd be happy to help!

How do I add members to my household profile?

Once you have created your profile, you will then have the option to add a member. Under the ‘menu’ tab select “Household Profile” and then select “Add a Youth Member,” or “Add an Adult member.” Then enter their information and select “Submit.” See How can I make a household profile for more information.

Now that you have created your household profile, and added your child, you can search the class you are interested in and select “Add to Cart”.

Once you select “Add to cart”, you will be asked which family member to register. Choose which member to register and you will be prompted to submit important information about your child.

If you would like to add other classes, please follow the same procedure. Once you have selected all the classes you need, click on “View Cart” (on top of the page) and then “Check out”.

You will then be asked to complete your payment information. Once you have submitted payment your child is registered for the class. An email will be sent to confirm your registration.


If I don’t see the “add to cart option” then is the class full?

If there is no option to “add to cart” but instead it says “wait list” then the class is full. In order to be added to the wait list select “add to wait list” and you will be added.

We schedule new camps based on popularity and need. If you see a class that your child would like to take, but the only option is to add to wait list, please add them to the wait list so we can communicate about newly scheduled classes with you. 


What is Block Scheduling?

Block Scheduling offers one simple plan to fill a full week with camp activities! Your camper’s day begins at 9:00 am and concludes at 4:00 pm. But, just like an a la carte menu, you have choices! You select the combination of activities that fits your camper’s interests, and then create your own perfect schedule.

Look for the “clock” icons that indicate morning and afternoon camps that will work with Block Scheduling.

Block scheduling is available for campers 6-8 years old and 9-12 years old. Please note that all camps are first come, first served, and camps fill fast!

Click HERE for more information!

I registered myself instead of my child. What should I do?

We will be happy to help! It’s a little complicated so please contact the Extension Office at (831) 479-6331.


Why is the option of registering online better?

We urge parents to register online to help save time and trees. There are two primary benefits to you when you register online.

If you register online, you will populate the release forms online and these forms remain securely in our system. That means that if you register your child in another class later, you won’t have to fill out the forms again! Registering over the phone or via mail means you must print and complete the youth release forms for every class your child takes.

Registering online means you don't have to worry about coming back to the office before class starts to assure we have the completed forms. Students may not begin youth programs or camps without the required forms completed.


Do I still need to fill out paper forms if I registered online?

No, this is the benefit of registering online. The information we gather on the paper forms is collected during the online registration. The paper forms only need to be completed for over-the-phone or in-person registrations.



My child wants to take a class but does not meet the age requirement. Can they still register?

The age requirements for each class are designed to support a classroom environment that offers the very best experience for each student. We understand that some parents may want their child to participate when they are a bit under or over the age limit, but we do not often make those adjustments.


Where can I park?

Prior to the camp start date, Extension will send out a class confirmation with the closest recommended parking lot. Click HERE for a list of maps for our campus, and our off-campus locations

When bringing children to Cabrillo for camps please make time to find parking in a “student” space close to your child’s camp location, and to pay for a daily permit. Permits are available at permit dispensers in each parking lot and structure. Daily permits are $4 a day, and only credit/debit cards are accepted. Summer semester permits are available for $48.00. They may be purchased online through Cabrillo Extension, and may be picked up in the Extension office beginning June 1st. This permit will allow you to park in “student” spaces from June 15 to August 21.

Cabrillo College does not provide “FREE” parking. All vehicles parked on Cabrillo College property are required to properly display a valid Cabrillo College parking permit. Parking is enforced on campus 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Cabrillo College District Parking Regulations and the California Vehicle Code are enforced at all times. Vehicles not properly parked, or not in compliance with Cabrillo College District Parking Regulations or the California Vehicle Code, are subject to fines, towing, or impoundment.

Does everyone need to show ID to pick up my child? Even if I am their parent?

Yes; to ensure the safety of all children in our care, we require a photo ID from all individuals signing out children, every day. During a 5 day camp, our instructors and assistants only have a few days to get to know all of the campers, all of the parents, and other people who may pick up your child. Given that, we want to be absolutely sure only authorized individuals pick-up a child from camp.


Can my child come meet me in the parking lot after the camp for pickup?

Generally speaking, no. We ask that authorized individuals physically come to the classroom to sign out the child with their ID. However, if your child is 12 years of age or older, you may complete a Youth Self-Sign-Out Authorization, giving us permission to dismiss your child to walk home, take a bike or bus, or meet you in the parking lot for pick up after the posted end time of the camp.   


Who can pick up my child?

During registration parents are given the opportunity to identify those who are authorized to pick up their child. Campers are only released to those who have been authorized as part of registration. If you wish to add additional people to pick up your child, you may fill out an Additional Pick Up Authorization (green form) on the first day of class.



Can I take photos of my child in class?

To protect the privacy, and sometimes safety, of all of our campers and their families, only Cabrillo staff are allowed to photograph youth camps based on the photo release authorizations.


What does Cabrillo Extension do with the photos they take in camp?

We only use the photos that we take for Cabrillo Extension marketing and promotions, including social media. If you do not want an image of your child used in our marketing, please submit a request in writing prior to the start of camp.


Why are the youth release forms needed?

Our two priorities are to assure that your child 1) has fun, and 2) are safe at camp. The required forms guarantee that we have received all of the important information about your child, such as dietary restrictions, medications and emergency contacts. It also includes the code of conduct, and a liability and photo release.

When completing forms who should fill out and sign the emergency contact forms for registration in youth classes?

Online forms and paper registration forms for youth classes MUST be signed by the legal guardian of the youth member attending the class.

What happens if we don’t fill out the emergency contact forms for registration in youth classes?

If the forms are not completed before the start of the class, then your child may not participate in the class.


May I get a refund if I cancel my child's registration?

All cancellations are subject to a 10% service fee. Refunds will be given only if the request is received by Cabrillo Extension at least 10 business days prior to the first day of camp. We request that parents or guardians speak directly with a Cabrillo Extension staff member in order to cancel a camp registrations. No refunds will be issued after the above stated deadline. Refunds will not be issued for days missed in a multiple-day camp or class, and make-up days are not available. Refunds made via check may take up to 30 days to be received, and this may vary based on postal delivery schedules.

Can I transfer my camper from one camp to another?

One-time transfers are not subject to a service fee. Subsequent transfers will be charged the 10% service fee. If a student wishes to transfer from one camp to another, the following requirements apply:

  • Only one transfer can be made.
  • Transfer must be requested no fewer than 10 days prior to the first day of the camp they were originally registered for, or the one they wish to transfer to, whichever comes first.
  • The camp they want to transfer to must have available space.
  • The student must meet the age requirements of the camp they wish to transfer into.
  • Students may not transfer their registration to another student.

What if Extension has to cancel a camp?

We make every effort to avoid canceling camps! We know summer is a busy time, and you’ve built your schedule around your child’s experience this summer. However, Cabrillo Extension reserves the right to cancel camps due to severely low enrollment or other unavoidable circumstances. In the event of a camp being canceled, families will be notified of the change at least 2 weeks prior to the camp start date and will receive a full refund or credit to their account. We will also work with families to find an alternate camp that serves their needs, and complete a transfer with no service fees.


Do you offer scholarships?

Yes! Please click here for detailed information about summer youth program scholarships. If you have any questions, contact the Extension office at (831) 479-6331.



Can I stay and watch as the class starts?

Unless otherwise stated, we ask that parents allow their children to fully engage and participate in the classes with our qualified teachers and other students. Therefore, we do not allow parents to sit in on youth classes.



Will there be food available for my child?

Food is not provided in camp. Campers should bring plenty of food and water to camps. Campers may not purchase food from vending machines during camp.

What is Lunch Break?

If you just need one extra hour of care from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm, either after a morning camp, or before an afternoon camp, this option gives campers the chance to eat the healthy food their parents packed (yum!), play a board game, read their favorite book, make new friends, and play outside in a safe, supervised environment. Please remember food is not provided, and campers must bring their own lunch, snacks, and a drink! Extension Camp Staff will escort campers to and from their camps. Please click HERE for more information.

Does Lunch Break provide lunch

No. Campers should bring lunch, snacks, and plenty of water! Lunch Break is a time to take a break, and eat the lunch campers have brought from home.


Why do we have to pay an additional material fee for some classes?

Certain classes have specific materials provided by the instructor or the Extension Office. These can be anything from take home art kits to recipe booklets. Materials fees cover the supplies, materials, access to special software, or other consumables that campers use during camp.


In order to provide a positive and meaningful experience, and a safe environment for all students, we require that all students meet our Essential Eligibility Criteria, and that parents or guardians agree that campers will adhere to the Code of Conduct and Behavior Agreement. Click HERE to review our Essential Eligibility Criteria and Student Code of Conduct/Behavior Agreement



    Was this page helpful?   

© 2019 Cabrillo Community College District

Campus Safety | Accessibility | Title IX

Aptos Campus, 6500 Soquel Drive Aptos CA 95003, 831.479.6100