Skip to Site Navigation | Skip to Local Navigation | Skip to Content
students on campusstudents walking in quad

Student Employment—Student Help and Resources

Need assistance with your resume?

Drop in M-Th 8am-2pm with a copy for review.

Student Employment

  • Phone: 479-6413
  • Fax: 831-479-5754
  • Address:   SAC West - street level 6500 Soquel Ave, Aptos CA
  • Hours: Hours:     Monday - Thursday  8 a.m.- 2 p.m. for walk in traffic,  by appointment 2:30-4:00 for hiring paperwork.
  • Email:

Online Job Search Help

Job Resources

Things to Know


Student Employment—Important Notice

Our Web site look and features has changed. If you are unable to log into the Web Based Job Board, Please call us at 831-479-6413.

The new system requires that students have a working email address. You must  click on the link you will be sent in an email after you register or  your registration to use the web site can  not be approved.  Check your spam file if the email does not arrive shortly after you submit your registration.  Once you have been approved you will receive an email with your new system password.

Please note that the ecampus recruiter site no longer is available. Our new site is Symplicity. They purchased the ecampusrecruiter site in May of 2008 and all of your data has been transitioned to the new system.

Online Job Help

Creating a User Name

Your user name must be unique. If you are bounced back, it may be because your user name has been taken, and you need to try something else. Good choices for user names are your name or email address. You can use the same user name as you use to log in on to register on-line or other Cabrillo locations.

Back to the top

Forgot User Name

If you do not remember your user name you need to contact our Office at 479-6413 and staff will provide it to you. Please write it down, or save it on your computer. You can also try something that would be familiar or you often use for other log-ins.

Back to the top

Creating a Password

You may choose your password. However, we do not accept obscene or sexually explicit passwords or user names. Do not use your social security number for your password.

Back to the top

Forgot Password

We no longer will have access to your password, and it will be emailed to you by the system if you are registering for the first time. If you have forgotten your password, you can go in with your username and a new password will be emailed to you.

Back to the top

System will not let me log on

Have you registered to use THIS website? If not, please do so and as soon as you are approved (usually within 24 hours M-Th) you will be able to log in.

If you recently registered but did not provide us with an email address to contact you. Please call us. There may be a problem with your registration.

If you used the system successfully before, but are unsure of your user name or password, please call us at 479-6413.

If you recently graduated, transferred to another college after successfully completing 30 units, or have completed a full certificate of proficiency but are not currently enrolled, please contact our staff as we may need additional information to approve your registration.

Student status is verified at the beginning of each semester. If you were not registered in 3 or more units at that time, you are blocked from board use. When your registration is finalized please call 479-6413 and we will re-activate your account.

Back to the top

I've been blocked

Call our office at 479-6413 if you are blocked. You may not have been registered at the time we updated the current student registrations and we will re-authorize your use if you are enrolled in 3 or more units or are a Cabrillo graduate.

Do not re-register if you are blocked. Call our office to be unblocked.

You may also be blocked if we have received a complaint from an employer until we can speak to you regarding their concerns. Please call our office so that we can hear your side of the issue.

Back to the top

What if I'm not a student

To use the job board you must be currently enrolled in at least 3 units at Cabrillo. You can also use the on-line job board if you have graduated from Cabrillo, transferred to another college after successfully completing 30 units, or have completed 30 units in a specific Career Technical Education program but are not currently enrolled.


Back to the top

Job Resources

How to apply for Off-campus Jobs

Each job listed on the website has employer contact information listed. Please only contact the employer in the way they have indicated that they wish to be contacted.

Back to the top

How to apply for On-campus Jobs

On campus jobs are listed on our web site.

Department funded jobs are available for all students enrolled in 6 or more units to apply. Call the listed supervisor and if they are hiring, if it still sounds good, follow up with an application (available in student employment and downloadable printable PDF) which you submit to the supervisor listed on the job announcement.

Federal Work Study jobs requires that you have actually received a Financial Aid award letter which includes Federal Work Study. These jobs have no outside funding and can only hire students with a FWS award. Contact the Financial Aid office for more information on Federal Work Study.

Back to the top

Payment for Off-campus Jobs

Payment for off campus jobs is worked out between you and the employer. Some jobs are paid cash, which may require that you cover your tax liability, others have taxes taken out.

Back to the top

Payment for On-campus Jobs

On-campus jobs are paid once a month on the 10th of the month, for time cards turned on the 20th of the previous month. You pick up your check at the college bank in the 100 building ( be sure to bring a picture ID).

Back to the top

Job not as described

If you interview or go to a job where the actual position, pay or requirements are substantially different that what we have listed on our web site, please contact our office so that we may contact the employer and correct this information. You may always choose not to accept a position which is substantially different than described.

Back to the top

How to I file an employer complaint

If you have a complaint against an employer please call our office at: 831-479-6413 We take complaints against employers or students very seriously, and only post jobs for employers and refer students to jobs who follow our policies and common standards of professional conduct.

Back to the top

I can not find a Job!

We post new jobs on our web site daily. All positions listed on the web site, no matter how long they have been posted, are currently available to the best of our knowledge. We have additional public access jobs listed in our office. If you have been conscientious in following up with employers on jobs that are listed and have not been offered a position, please come in to our office so that staff can assist you. We can make suggestions, assist you to write or update your resume, give you interviewing tips, etc.

Back to the top

Things to Know

Job Board Terms of Use

Failure to follow this code of conduct may result in a student losing use of the Student Employment web site and services.

You must be legally able to work in the United States to use this job board.

We follow up on all job listings and expect that our students will follow the standard rules of job application etiquette when contacting and following up with employers.

Depending on the nature of any breach of our terms of use, the Student Employment Office may terminate your use of Student Employment Services on a temporary or permanent basis. If we are unsure as to the appropriateness of sending you out on jobs as a representative of the Cabrillo College student population, we may require that you see a Cabrillo Counselor for an evaluation prior to releasing employment referrals to you.

Please do not share job listings with others. DO NOT GIVE YOUR USER NAME AND PASSWORD TO ANYONE. They are only for the use of students who are registered with our office. Do not take friends or family members with you to jobs. If an employer wants to hire more than one person, we will refer additional students to them.

Unless a pay rate states that it is negotiable, do not re-negotiate the pay from the rate or ranges posted on these jobs.

Only apply for positions where you meet the requirements and can work the stated hours.

Inappropriate behavior on the job or in the interview process such as yelling, swearing, drinking, drug use, violence, or other socially unacceptable work related behavior is not tolerated.

You can be blocked from job access if we receive complaints from employers regarding your work related behavior.

You can be blocked from job access if your attitude, language or behavior (including the smell of alcohol or marijuana) in our office is inappropriate to the setting or situation.

You can be blocked from job access if you are unable to maintain enrollment in 3 or more units during the semester, or complete 3 or more units of academic coursework successfully (C or better).

You can not continue to use the job board after dropping below three units.  Continuing to use the job bard when you do not meet the requirements to do so may mean that you must successfully complete three units before being reinstated. 

Successive violations may mean permanent blocking from board use.

Back to the top

Student Employment Policy

The Cabrillo College Student Employment Center maintains this web site as a service to Cabrillo students for their career development and employment seeking efforts. The presence of job announcements on this web site does not indicate an endorsement or recommendation from Cabrillo College or the Cabrillo College Student Employment Center . Students are responsible for all necessary precautions when interviewing for, or accepting these positions, and students are responsible for checking the credentials and integrity of an employer. Cabrillo College and the Cabrillo Student Employment Office does not accept any liability or responsibility for the actions of any student who is hired into a position that has been listed by our office. Employers are responsible for all screening, reference checks and hiring of any student referrals to jobs, and for following any appropriate labor and employment law in their hiring and employment practices.

This web site also contains links to other web sites not under the control of the Cabrillo College Student Employment Center , and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site. The Cabrillo College Student Employment Center provides these links only as a convenience and assumes no liability for acts or omissions by third parties or for material supplied by them.

Students or employers who discover any misuse or abuse of this web site are encouraged to report the matter to the Cabrillo College Student Employment Center as soon as possible. For further information call the Cabrillo College Student Employment Center at (831) 479-6413.

Back to the top

Work Experience Credit

You can receive work experience credit for some types of on and off campus employment, as well as for volunteering. If you are interested in Co-Op Work Experience Credit, please contact that office at: 831-477-5650.

Check out our local volunteer opportunities.


Work Authorization


During your application process for off campus employment opportunities, you may or may not be asked by an employer to answer the following questions:

1) Are you legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer?

2) Will you now or in the near future require visa sponsorship?

 Students are encouraged to ask employers at the earliest opportunity if the position being applied for has any citizenship or other restrictions based on the laws of the United States relating to national security or export controls.

 At the time of actual hire (not application) for a position in the United States, successful applicants will be required to demonstrate to the hiring employer the applicant's work eligibility status using appropriate documentation. The hiring employer will inform successful applicants what documentation is required.


Back to the top

    Was this page helpful?    
Blackboard Online Learning System WebAdvisor  iTunes Cabrillo Library Facebook Icon Twitter Icon YouTube

© 2013 Cabrillo Community College District

Campus Safety | Accessibility

Main Campus, 6500 Soquel Drive Aptos CA 95003, 831.479.6100