Career Technical Education (CTE) encompasses a range of courses and programs...
Theses courses and programs wil prepare you for immediate employment or job advancement.
- With CTE, you can be working in a new career within as little as six months, depending on your program of study.
- As a CTE graduate, you can typically earn an average of 58% more than in your previous job, giving you a lifelong financial advantage.
- CTE programs allow flexible scheduling, so you can balance your home-school-work responsibilities. And financial aid can help you pay for your education.
Through our CTE programs, you can work toward:
Skills Certificates, which are awarded after completing one or more courses, as specified in the course catalog, that help you to develop a set of career relevant skills.
- Certificates of Proficiency, which allow you to pursue a concentrated course of study in a particular career area. A 2.0 grade point average is required.
- Associate in Science degrees, based on a 2.0 grade point average for coursework of at least 60 units.
- Associate of Arts degrees, based on a 2.0 grade point average for coursework of 58-60 units depending upon your major.
Contact a counselor to learn more about technical careers and to develop your educational plan.
Back to Top