COVID-19 Resources and Information
Cabrillo College Status
Most Fall 2020 courses are being offered online.
Registration for fall classes is open now. To register, visit Cabrillo’s Schedule of Classes page.
We are here for you!
Loaner Chromebooks and Laptops Available
We want you to stay enrolled in your classes and succeed from home! Cabrillo staff members have been hard at work to help those without access to technology devices, and have secured Chromebooks and a smaller number of laptops, to loan out to students like you!
Hardware Equipment Loan Program (HELP)
Cabrillo is loaning out technology equipment for your Fall semester use. Those students who are enrolled in both Fall and Spring semesters can keep their equipment through the end of Spring semester
If you are currently registered for Fall semester and will need technology, please fill out Cabrillo's NEW Hardware Equipment Loan Program (HELP) form (even if you filled out the previous form, you still need to fill out this new form).
Please note, equipment loans will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Log in to Cabrillo's Self Service using your Student ID and Password.
Once in Etrieve Central, click Forms (left side), and in the Student menu, scroll down to and select the IT HELP Form (it should look like this).
Complete and submit the form.
You will receive an email response from Cabrillo.
Once you have received an email that your request has been approved, you can pick it up at the time and location that you selected in the form.
How the Technology Pickup/Return Process Works:
- Students arrive at available times to designated parking lots associated with pick up and drop off.
Aptos Park in lot N and pickup from room 2502
- Tuesday, October 6, 9am-11am
- Thursday, October 8, 1pm-3pm
- Tuesday, October 13, 9am-11am
- Thursday, October 15, 1pm-3pm
- Tuesday, October 20, 9am-11am
- Thursday, October 22, 1pm-3pm
- Tuesday, October 27, 9am-11am
- Thursday, October 29, 1pm-3pm
- Tuesday, November 3, 9am-11am
- Thursday, November 5, 1pm-3pm
- Tuesday, November 10, 9am-11am
- Thursday, November 12, 1pm-3pm
- Tuesday, November 17, 9am-11am
- Thursday, November 19, 1pm-3pm
- Tuesday, December 1, 9am-11am
- Thursday, December 3, 1pm-3pm
- Tuesday, December 8, 9am-11am
- Thursday, December 10, 1pm-3pm
Watsonville Pick up in back parking lot
- Wednesday, October 7, 11am-1pm
- Wednesday, October 14, 11am-1pm
- Wednesday, October 21, 11am-1pm
- Wednesday, October 28, 11am-1pm
- Wednesday, November 4, 11am-1pm
- Wednesday, November 18, 11am-1pm
- Wednesday, December 2, 11am-1pm
- Wednesday, December 9, 11am-1pm
- If you have driven, please stay in your car at all times. Social distancing will be enforced.
- Retrieve or place items on table.
- Items will be checked and managed via a bar scanner, an e-receipt will be given to the student for returned equipment.
- Stay home if you're feeling sick. See CDC’s updated list of Coronavirus symptoms, and self-checker.
- For equipment check out: Student or designee must bring Student ID associated with loaned equipment.
- For equipment return: All components in box if provided, and device should be powered on at time of receiving.
We want to make sure you have the technology you need to succeed this Fall Semester!
The campus is closed to the public, but our service areas continue to be available and answer questions remotely.
Our Summer/Fall Schedule 2020 is available. We are excited that you will join us!
Please see the Student Resources section for detailed information about Student Services and assistance available via Zoom.
New students - we welcome you! We are finding creative and exciting ways to offer all the courses and services you need to achieve your academic goals. We get it - this isn’t how you envisioned your first semester at Cabrillo; we encourage you to remain engaged, you can do this. We have put together a list of resources to ease your transition to Cabrillo College and help you get connected to our campus community.
Have a specific question? Please contact us for individual support:
- FIRE SAFETY UPDATE — Fall Semester Start Delayed to Wednesday, Aug. 26
- COVID-19 Update — Planning for the Start of Fall 2020
- COVID Update - Planning for the Fall Term Almost Fully Online
- COVID Health and Safety Update - July 21, 2020
- COVID-19 Update for Fall Instruction - D2C Course Plans & Student Information
- COVID-19 Update - Plan for Fall Online Semester for Most Classes & Services
- College Update - Virtual Graduation, Mother's Day Plant Sale, Grading Changes, CARES Act
- COVID Planning for Fall Term & Reminder of All-College Zoom meeting
- COVID-19 Update - April 21, 2020 - Mindful Resilience & Pedagogical Yoga
- College Update - Measure R, the Census, and COVID Community Support Services
- COVID Update for Cabrillo College - Online & Work from Home through May
- COVID-19 Update March 29, 2020
- COVID-19 Update March 25, 2020
- COVID-19 Update March 17: Student Support Services & Resources Available
- COVID-19 Update, March 16: Shelter In Place, All Classes & Labs Moving Online
- COVID-19 Update, March 16 5:00 AM - All Classes Moving Online, Campus Centers Still Open & Hours
- COVID-19 Update, March 13: Cabrillo Declaration of State of Emergency & Move to Online Instruction
- COVID-19 Update, March 12: Move of Lecture-based Instruction Online
- COVID-19 Update March 10: Classes Remain in Session, Public Gathering Limitations
- COVID-19 Update, March 9: Continuation of Classes & Events, Steps to Mitigate the Spread
- COVID-19 Update, March 8: Continuation of Classes and Business Operations
What to do if You Think You're Sick
Call ahead! If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath) call your healthcare provider or Student Health Services for risk assessment and self-care advice. Ask about quarantine and isolation.
Do I need to get tested for Covid-19?
If you have questions about Coronavirus/COVID-19, please call (831) 454-4242 between the hours of 8 am and 6 pm, Monday-Friday. Outside of these hours please call United Way of Santa Cruz County at 211 or text "covid19" to 211211.
SAMHSA’s Disaster Distress Helpline 24 hours at 1-800-985-5990 or text TALKWITHUS to 66746 (press 2 for Spanish)
Face Covid — How to respond effectively to the Corona Crisis
Thank you for being patient with us as we navigate this pandemic. We have information below which could help students and our community get through it together.